Friday 14 June 2013

Let the good times roll

A classic treat in most bakeries and cafes, I decided to try and make them myself. Turned out to be a bit of a challenge since I used uncoloured marsipan and had to add colourings myself - I also made them rather small (to make it easier to eat many). But hey, what are summer holidays for if not for playing around with silly things like this?



 Punsch-roll:
  • 100 grams butter 
  • 1 dl icing sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
  • 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
  • ca 4 dl of cookie crumbles (I made crumbs of a small Victoria sponge)
  • Flavour the batter with Punsh or Arrack essence 
  • ca 200-250 grams of Marsipan
  • 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
  • 100 grams of milk chocolate
  1. Stir together butter, sugar, vanilla and cacao powder.
  2. Add the crumbs.
  3. Add flavouring of your choice.
  4. Shape into two long rolls (I had do more than two due to space restrictions).
  5. Let rest in the fridge for a while.
  6. Flatten the marsipan with a rolling pin, add the batter and roll together - cut into ca 4.cm long pieces.
  7. Dip the ends in the melted chocolate and leave to set on baking paper.



  
N/x

No comments:

Post a Comment